ABOUT THE course
This is a recreational multi pitch lead climbing course, designed as an advanced lead climbing course for recreational single pitch lead climbers and single pitch guides looking to take the next step in developing their skills to a multi pitch climbing environment.
The students will be presented with tools and techniques to confidently and safely climb on multi pitch routes.
Involving a mix of complex approaches and descents on both sport protected routes and traditionally protected routes.
- Managing risk in a multi pitch environment
- Environmental ethics
- Belaying techniques to prevent a factor 2 fall at a belay station
- Technical gear placement and anchor building
- Removal of stuck equipment with the use of a nut tool
- Belaying and rope management techniques with double ropes
- Change over or swinging leads
- Traversing pitches (how to prevent a pendulum fall)
- Lowering techniques (Knot bypass whilst lowering an injured climber)
- Bailout techniques retrievable and fixed joined rope descents (Knot Bypass)
- Rescue techniques in a multi pitch environment